Storing & using your Images in YatterGood high-quality imaging is essential to be successful on Social Media, so here at Yatter we have provided our users with the ability to upload and store their images in their own galleries and access galleries that their partners have chosen to share.
Galleries can be accessed through either the Canvas menu or the Dual Bar menus. As is standard and unique with the functionality of Yatter, by selecting through the Canvas menu the content drops into the main screen area (Canvas). If, however, you select Galleries through the Dual Bar Menu, this brings in a side area menu on whichever side you initially clicked.
This guide will detail how to familiarise yourself with the navigation, how to set up new galleries, manage and use images once uploaded to your Yatter account. The simplest way to learn about our imaging and galleries is to watch the video above.
New Gallery Bar
Setting up a new gallery is very easy. You will find a NEW button at the top right of the Gallery Canvas menu and there is also an option at the bottom of the Dual Bar menu. Once NEW is selected one of the side menus will open and will require the following information:
The gallery input bar is a fairly good example of a standard input bar in Yatter. Many of the other input bars within the platform will look and operate like this.
Name of Gallery
The name of the gallery is actually important as it is displayed in the filter bar when you are searching. Its a simple freetext input box so put what you like but it’s always a good idea to make the effort and put something appropriate. It will only save you time in the long run.
Description of images in gallery
This is a freetext description that is useful for both you and your partners when examining the gallery. This text is displayed on the Canvas Display Brick when browsing for galleries.
Select or Upload Gallery Main Image
Choosing an image to represent the gallery is a very good indicator of what you expect to put in there. You can upload directly from your device or you can select from a file already stored in your galleries. Any image you use for the cover of the gallery is automatically brought into the gallery.
Set access levels
This setting allows you to keep the gallery private or show it to your partners. Brand imaging, photographs from events and promotional material are all good examples of the types of imaging you might want to allow a partner to see.
Save or Cancel
You can save or cancel at the bottom of the bar.
Once the Gallery has been added you will be able to upload images through the Gallery Canvas view.
The gallery should also become available within the drop down on the Upload Bar.
By accessing the galleries through the canvas menu you are able to perform a number of tasks to manage your image galleries. From the main gallery box you are able to perform a number of tasks including:
- Edit Gallery– clicking the first button will open an Gallery Input Bar and allow you to change the gallery details. A point to note here is to pay attention to the access levels you have for your gallery. If you wish to open this up for viewing and use by your partners then be sure to click the relevant access level. By default it is set to just you and your organisation.
- Upload Images– click this button to upload files into the gallery. Once you have selected files for upload and the gallery where they’ve to go, click Upload All and continue about your work. These will upload in the background and progress can be checked by the counter that will appear in the top bar menu.
- View Gallery in Canvas– this will show the contents of the gallery in Canvas view. From here you can quickly browse images to post, move or delete. These are on infinite scroll and be sure to hit the “Back to top” icon up there on the top right to get back to navigation.
- Favourite this Gallery– if you have segmented images in multiple galleries be sure to click your favourite ones to access them quickly and with ease through the Favourite filter tab. Useful for finding partner galleries again instead of searching.
Once you choose to upload images a side menu opens up to allow you to select the files you wish to upload. There are effectively two of these bars on either side of the Dual Bar interface and they will still work when closed. Be warned that all uploads will cease if you close the browser or refresh the page.
The top of the bar displays your current storage usage and limit. Should you reach that limit we do not let you load any further media until you either upgrade your account or delete some files.
Select Files for Upload
This is the critical button on the bar to start with. Clicking it will open a file selector and you can select a series of files to upload. The Upload Bar can usually handle about 200 items at a time comfortably.
Select gallery to store images
You can select which of your galleries you wish to store your images in by clicking this drop down menu. Please note that this field is not mandatory and you can still find files through Recent Files. We normally recommend you select something appropriate so you can find your images later.
Upload and Clear
Clicking the green Upload button will start the upload process for any files in the queue. Clicking Clear will empty any files that have been added to the queue at the bottom of the bar.
If you close the bar it will still continue to upload. You can check the status of your upload by checking the countdown box that appears above the side menu.
When you click “Recent Files” the full main canvas area displays all of your images for you to infinite scroll through and from here you can do one of the following tasks:
- Select the left button at the top right of the canvas to move and organise media into galleries
- Select the right button at the top right of the canvas to delete images
- Click an image to open media display box and to carry further tasks detailed below
Media Display Box
The media display box is where you can see the image in full size. There are also some very useful buttons that allow you to do things with the image:-
- Use File – this will appear if you asked to select an image. Click it to put the image in your input bar.
- Skip to previous or next image – skip through the images to browse. Current position in gallery and total display in middle.
- Create content with this image – clicking this button will display a platform selection. Click a platform button to start a new post with this image.
- Move image to different gallery – open a drop down to select this image for moving to another gallery. Helps you organise.
- Delete – bye bye image.
SummaryGalleries are a fantastic labour saving feature of Yatter. Simply mass load your media into the galleries and we will store them at the right size for posting onto social media. They are easy to browse and organise and you can even share banks of images with your partners.
If you can’t think what to write on social media when authoring its actually really easy to go flick through your gallery images to find some inspiration. Click the image and start a new post. This is one of the features of Yatter our users tell us they really love.
Free accounts for a limited time only!
Claim yours today